May 28, 2014

F*ck It!!


I think I said the words "fuck it!" more times than I could ever possibly count during the creation of this image. I don't know what got in my head but I did hardly any due diligence at all when making it, i.e. I didn't bother checking my exposure with a light meter, I snapped the image at about f/8 without even focusing, and when I developed the negative I didn't even bother with temperature control. 

In the end, what came out is an image that I actually like.

So I guess it just goes to show, if you are one of those people who worries you could never be a photographer because it is just too technical of an exercise, it is entirely possible to say "fuck it" to the whole thing and still come up with a nice image. 

Camera: Mamiya RZ67
Film: Ilford HP5

No comments:

Post a Comment