December 8, 2013

Fishing Pond


Photographed out on a man made lake somewhere in the State of New York just over a ridge from a ski resort that was closed down for the summer.

I really like the way the crispness and texture of the water turned out in this image contrasted against the more fluid and random qualities of the sky above us. It all looks pretty interesting to me and I wasn't expecting that to come out so well when I was making this image.

Totally unrelated, at the time this shot was made there were a couple of guys fishing at a nearby pond. We could hear them but couldn't see them and the way they talked reminded me of that old television comedy series "Fish Masters".  Does anyone else remember that show? 

Camera: Mamiya C330 
Film: Fomapan 100
Model: Olivia Odd
Location: Ellicotville, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment