November 1, 2013

Two Portraits


I think every photographer out there knows the feeling of really connecting with someone and how special that can be. While it is true that I work with a lot of people, the vast majority I think of simply as “models”. This isn’t always a bad thing mind you, but sometimes I just want more. A lot more.
There are times I want to know I’m working with a creative partner. Other times I want to think the person sitting in front of my camera has as much of a stake in what the final image will be as I do. Sometimes I want to know that I can approach someone on any day at any time and know they will be up for it. 
And then there are the days I just want to go back and make a portrait of someone very special to me over a year and half later just to find out how they’ve changed.

Camera: Mamiya RZ67
Film: Fomapan 100
Model: Olivia Odd
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment