October 28, 2013

Portrait Moment



This may very well be one of my favorite photographs I've ever done.

The reasons behind that are many, but just from a purely technical perspective, I'm really proud of the fact that I was able to push the film all the way to ISO 6400 and still get decent tones and grain that isn't absolutely excessive. I would even argue the grain looks pleasing in this case.

Beyond the technical reasons though I also like the moment this captures. I think it is a really special thing when you can work with someone and they don't even realize the camera is there. They don't recognize you as the guy with the camera, they recognize you as the person. It's a whole other level of photographing a moment that I really like and very rarely actually happens.

Camera: Mamiya C330
Film: Ilford Delta 3200
Model: Olivia Odd
Location: Ithaca, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment