November 20, 2013

Figures in Rain


I think it is one of life's great tragedies that I enjoy shooting nudes in rainy weather. I mean, I know it is great for me but models certainly hate it. I am sure at least one model whom I've worked with will read that sentence and either roll her eyes or shout at the screen, "No shit jerk face!!!"

But let's face it, there is a lot of drama in the air when it rains. The world is full of life and texture and activity and it looks amazing on film. Skin forms goose bumps and comes to life and one's breath looks like a dragon blowing smoke that will soon turn to fire. And all of that says nothing of the light. That perfect soft light that is a breeze to meter and looks so soft and eloquent I could cry. 

I love every minute of it even if the person I'm working with doesn't. So to all the models I've made suffer in the pouring rain throughout my life, thank you...and I'm sorry.   

Camera: Bessa R3A
Film: Fomapan 100
Location: Porltand, OR - Sauvie Island

No comments:

Post a Comment