October 26, 2013

Self-Portrait


Self-Portrait taken in my kitchen after waking up from a hangover this morning.

There was a time in my life when I made it a point to pose for other photographers and artists at least once or twice a year. My thinking at the time was that it would make me a better photographer. I think it is important to remember how it feels to be in front of a camera. To be evaluated and judged. To have someone depend on you to make their art a success.

Over the last several years I have let that philosophy slip. I would make the argument my work has suffered as a result. 

Some of that was due to pure laziness on my part. Some of that was just simply not being comfortable with myself. Some of that was a result of my tendencies to be a hermit and not connecting with other photographers and artists in my area.

Whatever the reason, this is something that needs to change.

Camera: Mamiya C330
Film: Ilford HP5
Model: Andrew Kaiser
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment