June 15, 2013

Twist


One of my favorite places to photograph is Sauvie Island, which is a tiny little place just north of Portland Oregon.  The island is filled with farms and small plots of land that serve as both hiking trails and bird sanctuaries.

Sauvie Island is also home to the closest nude beach to Portland that I know of.  I tend to avoid that part of the island during the warmer months just simply because I don't want to be "that guy" walking around with a camera while other people are trying to soak up the sun in their birthday suits.  Even if my intention isn't to photograph perfect strangers I still think it would just be pretty rude.

However, during the winter the nude beach tends to be deserted.  Even better, the winter is when lots of drift wood and random debris from the nearby forests wash up on shore.  All sorts of things will wash up sometimes including left over clear cut like this.  Once I even saw a random boat wash up to shore.  It can make some pretty cool props to work with.

Photographed with a Mamiya 645e and mounted with an 80mm f/1.9 lens.

Camera: Mamiya 645e
Film: Fomapan 100
Location: Portland, OR - Sauvie Island

No comments:

Post a Comment