May 3, 2013

Lounge in Light


It really hit me this morning just how much I've been working indoors so far this year.  This must stop.  The great outdoors is in need of some attention.

In the meantime, enjoy this image from an indoor studio.

I do feel this image illustrates the qualities I really like about working with Fomapan film, particularly in Medium Format.  It has some lovely grit to it that blends well with skin tones.  It's a "soft grain" if that makes any sense at all.  I just wish the quality control was a little better.  If you look on the top of the frame you can see some scratches in the emulsion which I do not get when working with Ilford or Kodak film.  I don't think it takes away from the image too badly, but it is still a shame that it exists at all. 

Camera: Mamiya RB67
Film: Fomapan 100
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment