May 30, 2013

Birds and Nudes



This image is several years old but I feel like I just recently "re-discovered" it. I had someone contact me about purchasing a print and for the life of me I couldn't even figure out what image they were talking about...pretty sad when you consider this is my own work we were discussing.

I remember when making this particular image I think I clicked the shutter about thirty times in this exact same pose with this exact same framing hoping beyond hope I would get one image with the bird centered at the top of the frame!  I think I got incredibly lucky.  In so many images you could see the bird but the wings would be in such a position it just looked like a bit of camera dust or a tiny piece of garbage flying through the sky. 

Camera: Canon 20D
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment