April 30, 2014

Portraits: Melanie



Melanie is living proof that sometimes it is just fate for two people to be friends. I first met her when she was traveling through Portland on her way to finish out her college degree in New York City. We clicked right away and spent more time drinking beer and talking about life than we did actually taking pictures.

After that day was over we parted ways and quite frankly I never expected to see her again. After all, I work with a lot of people just "passing through" Portland and I didn't think she would be any sort of exception.

Many months later Melanie finished her college degree, came back to Portland, and our friendship picked right back up as if she never left. 

Melanie and I have the same taste in bars, the same frustrations with day-to-day life, and a knack for talking about anything and everything for hours on end if need be. She is one of those rare people where I always enjoy the company even more than the activity. 

She is truly a jack of all trades when it comes to modeling and I can think of more than one occasion where we have both gotten soaking wet for the sake of a picture without one word of complaint being uttered.

NOTE: It is very likely that I am going to get yelled at by Melanie for posting a picture of her on the internet with a bandage over one eye. She may hate it, but personally I think it makes her look bad ass :-)

Camera: Rolleiflex TLR and Holga Toy Camera
Film: Fomapan 100
Location: Portland, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment