March 29, 2014

Venturing Out




Lately I've been making it a point to get out in the world and just take pictures. Not with any sort of agenda or destination, just me and a camera and my own two feet.

I feel like over the past couple of years my brain has felt a little stuck and I think some of it has to do with photographing the same subject matter over and over and over again. Believe it or not, but one CAN get bored photographing naked women all the time. 

On some level I feel like it is working. I'm starting to see things again that I would have normally not given any thought to what-so-ever. Like on this particular day I became completely obsessed with beaded drops of water on every surface I could find. Granted, once that happened I ignored everything else except beaded drops of water, but new obsessions that last for a single day or two are healthy...photographically speaking. 

Most of the images turned out horrible of course, but that hardly matters. I can't say I'm some sort of expert now and close-up shots of leaves and fence posts. I can however say that my brain is a little more open today than it was before I made these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment