December 21, 2013

Last Ride


This is the very last image I made with my Leica before I sold it. I'm posting it here now because I'm in the process of letting go and it seems fitting to look back on other times I'm done the same thing and reflect on how that turned out.

I used to love shooting with my Leica and if it is possible to put an inanimate object on a pedestal I certainly did so with that camera. But in the end, it was just a camera and it didn't make my work any better or worse. In fact, I probably shoot more now that it is gone than I ever did when I owned it. 
I'd like to believe that all things happen for a reason. 

A very dear friend of mine has accused me of sometimes having notions that are more at home in a Disney film as opposed to the real world, which is probably very true. I'm ok with this though. Being an optimist never hurt anyone.

Camera: Leica M
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment