July 11, 2013

Honey Lake


The first finished photograph from my trip across The United States. 

This image was made at a place called Honey Lake in the state of Iowa. It was an absolutely gorgeous location devoid of people for the most part. We made this image literally a few feet from the main road around the park and not a single car rolled by. I think we probably could have stayed there for hours and not a soul would have ever known we were there.

Photographed using a Minolta Maxxum 7 and Fomapan 100 speed film. This entire trip was is an odd experience for me on a technical level due to the fact that I rarely use 35mm film, much preferring the greater size of medium format or larger. My logic for bringing along the Minolta was the fact that I wanted something that could be pulled out very easily and used with minimum fuss since I wouldn't have the opportunity to scout or linger at any particular location.  

So far it is a bet that is paying off. The results are a little grainy, but I've never been afraid of grain in my work. 

Camera: Minolta Maxxum 7
Film: Fomapan 100
Model: Olivia Odd
Location: Honey Lake, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment