July 29, 2013

Hands And Water



I had a nice adventure out on Sauvie Island the other morning. The model and I left early enough to take advantage of some overcast and soft light. About five minutes after this image was made the sun came bursting out of the clouds and it became much too harsh to work.


So I guess you could say my timing was good.


This image was made while attempting to reach a larger goal that I unfortunately failed at. There is a lighthouse on the north end of the island that I've been dying to use for a very specific photo I have in my head. Unfortunately the trail to get to the lighthouse is totally overgrown with thorny blackberry bushes. So we attempted to wade up river which was marginally successful until we got to a point where the water was much too high and my camera equipment would have been submerged. 

Oh well, when one opportunity goes away, another can present itself. 

Camera: Mamiya RZ67
Film: Fomapan 100
Location: Portland, OR - Sauvie Island

No comments:

Post a Comment