January 18, 2013

New Horizon


 

This was the last frame I clicked with my camera in 2012.  I realize the metaphor might be a bit heavy handed in this particular case but that's ok.  The meaning is still there all the same.

Starting up this blog is definitely an attempt by me to get smarter about the ways in which I share my work and interact with my audience.  It has taken me a long time but I am finally starting to realize scrambling for hundreds of thousands of page views on Facebook and Twitter is not necessarily the best way to connect with people, especially if all those people are only looking at what toiled over for a fraction of a second.  I would much rather have far less people observe what I do for a meaningful period of time.

I suppose it all boils down to the "quantity vs. quality" argument, only with people as opposed to churning out work.    

Camera: Fuji GA645zi
Film: Fomapan 400
Location: Portland, OR 

No comments:

Post a Comment